Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Letter from India


My family supports several ministries, but one we especially appreciate is “Compassion International”, a ministry which supports impoverished children overseas. The program will provide schooling, clothes and food, and medical treatment through the monthly contributions of the “adoptive” family. The sponsored child also writes updates on what he/she is doing as often as the delayed overseas mailing service allows.


Our precious sponsored child is Lidiya, a thirteen year-old girl living in India. We attempt to communicate and share what's going on in our lives as time goes by, but the delay in the mailing service is about two months making communication more difficult. However, we recently received an update from Lidiya, which was so cute I had to share it with you (she now writes English well enough that she doesn't need a translator);


Most loving Gary Duff uncle and Sheri aunt. Loving greetings in the name of Jesus. I received your loving letter, photographs, and Jonny's short notes. Jenni and Emily are looking very beautiful in that photographs (smiley face). Their dress also looking nice. Whose hair is long, Jenni's or Emily's (picture of girl with long hair)? How old is Caleb? Where is Josh? I wish to know more about Josh.


Happy “B” day to Emily and Jeremy. Nobody should not say Emily is 21 years old. Happy wedding anniversary to uncle and aunt.


My family and me are doing well. But my father is taking medicine now also. My mother is working a nursery school near our house. I have promoted to 8th grade. I have more subject to learn. My height is increasing day by day. So, all dress are short to me.


I participated in sports meet that was held on 26th January at K---. I got 1st prize in Badminton. We celebrate my mother, brother and myself “B” day together. Our project manager call the children who are celebrating “B” day and pray to them each day. Then he gave sweets, other children wishing “B” day greetings. I have got color dress from compassion. I wore it on my birthday. We presented a school magazine in our school. I was the chief editor. Let me conclude here with lots of love and prayers-


Lidiya (lots of flower drawings)


2 comments:

Holly said...

How awesome!

My family's sponsored child is only seven, so her father writes the update letters on her behalf, but they are still very cool. :)

Lauren said...

That is just so precious! May God bless you for helping this young life in a country so far away! Her letter nearly made me cry - it was very touching.